Professionals are more frequently alternating between being a corporate employee, freelancing, consulting, starting a business, or building a job portfolio.
One of the things that makes my services a little different is that I can help professionals in any of these transitions. I also can help clients think through their options, create clarity and confidence, find focus, and move forward.
(Or they can do some of this themselves by working through the exercises in my eBook.)
I‘m strapping on my armor and getting ready to tilt windmills – and any other obstacles you think are in your way.
Over the next few months, I will be publishing many articles, poking sacred cows, and showing that you have possibilities in midlife or any point in your life – even after catastrophic life events.
Yes, it’s likely to upset people.
Yes, it’s likely to unearth angry internet trolls.
And yes, I have to do it anyway.
Here is what I have seen personally with my clients and with myself:
- You’re not too old; it’s not too late
- You can start a business at any age, if you want to
- You can leave your business and go back to corporate (entrepreneur to employee is a specialty of mine)
- Your internal game may be the real problem, not your gray hair
- Your mind’s stories may be factually correct but completely unhelpful
- You may not need to stress about retiring by a certain age
- You might not even WANT to retire (I did a TEDx talk about this)
And here’s a #truthbomb for you: Stressing about retiring is contributing to our mass anxiety and depression.
I have some good insights into why this is, how we can change the way we work and the world of work, and what YOU can do to embrace career possibility in your life.
See? This is going to be B I G.
Put on your seatbelts, folks. It’s going to be a bumpy ride. But nothing great comes easily.